Fort Jackson Riding Pass
Steps for a nonaffiliated individual to gain access to cycle on Fort Jackson:
1.Go to the FJ FMWR WebTrac webpage.
2. Once redirected to the Fort Jackson FMWR WebTrac webpage the user will click on the “Non-Affiliated Cycling Membership on Fort Jackson” Icon. It is very important that all Non-Affiliated cyclists do not register, but continue as a guest throughout the checkout process. To add the selected item to your shopping cart scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the shopping cart icon to the right of the price. This will add “Non-Affiliated Cycling Membership on Fort Jackson” to your shopping cart. Once it has been added to your shopping cart simply fill out your billing and payment information and print your receipt for proof of payment.
3. Individuals/cyclist will then go Gate 2 (main gate on Forrest Drive) with proof of purchase and ask to go to the Visitor Control Center. Once at the Visitor Control Center the Non-Affiliated cycler will request a temporary pass to Marion Street Station which is located at 4522 Marion Ave.
4. At Marion Street Station staff will assist cyclist with completing the required paperwork to request a background check for a DBIDS card/post access.
5. The individual/cyclist will take all forms to the Visitor Control Center to request the background check be completed. Fort Jackson Physical Security will confirm that the individual is on the Cycling Membership Roster and begin the check with Family and MWR as the sponsor. Pending a favorable background check, a DBIDS card or pass will issued to the individual/cyclist.
1. DBIDS credentials are needed to gain access to Fort Jackson, and is required to be on the cyclist’s person at all times.
2. Membership dues are $15 per year per person. Membership is due annually.
3. All funds are deposited into FMWR to enhance the quality of life programs on Fort Jackson.
Bicycle Safety Rules
All personnel, regardless of affiliation, while operating or riding on a bicycle within the boundaries of the Installation will:
(a) Wear an approved (i.e., American National Standards Institute, ANSI or Snell Memorial foundation) bicycle helmet.
(b) Wear a reflective device, such as a wristband, belt, sash, or vest.
(c) During hours of limited visibility, be equipped with a white light visible to 500 feet to the front and a red reflector visible 200 feet to the rear.
(d) Obey traffic laws applicable to motor vehicles.
(e) Cycle on approved routes only.
(f) Ride as far to the right as safely possible.
(g) Use appropriate hand and arm signals for slowing, stopping, and turning.
(h) Riders must enter through gates 1, 2, 4, & 5.
(i) Groups will ride with no more than two riders abreast.
(j) Bicycle races and rallies must be approved by the Garrison Commander, Fort Jackson.
For more information or questions, please contact Marion Street Station 803-751-3484.
Mon 0700-1400; Tues-Fri 1000-1600; Sat 0900-1600; closed Sunday.
Disclaimer - Release and Hold Harmless/Cyclist Membership Agreement
"I acknowledge that cycling has inerrant risks due to its environment and agree on my behalf, my heirs, executors and administrators to indemnify and hold harmless and to release the United States, its officers, agents employees and instrumentalities from any and all claims for injuries to myself or to the other persons and for any property damages which may result while I am cycling on Fort Jackson, SC. I agree that I will pay annual membership fees for the privilege to cycle on Fort Jackson, SC. I understand that at any time my cycling privilege may be terminated/revoked without a refund due to my conduct or policy changes on Fort Jackson, SC.”